6.28.2010

I Can't Keep Up

Aw, geez. It's seriously been well over a month since my last post??? How can that be?? I swear, I just opened that grandiose box of K'Nex a week ago...really. Time is playing tricks on me. Not funny, time. Not funny.

So the school year ended (May 21st! I know! Crazy, right? So early. Back in my day, we went to school until mid June or later. Of course we also had to walk up hill both ways...through snow.) And we went to visit my parents up North. Then we returned back home seemingly seconds before my In-Laws arrived for a week's visit, only to find that our one dog, whom we left in the care of a neighbor, seemed to have not been let out of his crate in almost a week. Yes, there was a lot of Seeming going on: the In-Laws seeming to arrive when we did? Good. The poor dog seeming to have been held captive? Awful.  And it's totally and completely not funny and a majorly upsetting thing, so now I'm moving on.

So we had a fabulous time with my parents up North, and then we had an equally fabulous time with my In-Laws, including my two sisters-in-law, 1 niece, and 1 nephew. Both visits? Entirely too short.  Since that time my husband has constructed 3 new homes. Ok, no, he only actually just made two built-in desks, to include painting the office area of the house (for the second time in less than two years, but we won't go there), and he's now started Nursing School (I swear the man is a Professional Degree Collector. The pay is not as good as you might think.)... So what else have we been doing with our summer? Well, we've been to the lake a few times. First visit we encountered: one very large, dead & semi-devoured fish and plural vultures, a snake, a mole, a lost dog, and a turtle...I think one of our neighbors is a mosquito farmer, as that is the only logical explanation as to why the mosquitoes are so bad in our yard...Little Miss L. called 9-1-1 on my "locked" cell phone a few days ago...We harvested a pumpkin from our garden...Miss A. had her 5th birthday this last weekend (yeah yeah yeah...birth story, I know. I'm so far behind being behind)...we almost ended up with a 3rd dog last night when a sweet doberman?/rottweiler?/lab mix pup followed my hubby, two of the kids and our dogs home...after the 4th (of July) I will be solo-driving the 4 kids and myself back up North to visit the grandparents for a couple of weeks...and the decision has been made: I will be homeschooling Z, K, and A, beginning with this school year coming up. Yeah, I might be crazy, but I already knew that...and I figured you did too.  So. How's your summer been?

1 comment: