1.24.2011

Do You Validate?

My son had a basketball game tonight.  Dinner was somewhat cleaned up before we headed out the door, just me and my boy.  We left home at 6:20, for his 6:50 game.  My hubby stayed home with the three girls because the game would run past the littlest one's bedtime.  We arrived home from the game shortly after 8:00, having been gone for less than two hours.  Now they are all in bed.

Just before that my husband, wonderful & committed family man who rarely goes out and even then it's only to dinner with his wife, came to me and asked  "I love our kids dearly...so why is it that I feel like I need to go to a bar and drink myself into a stupor?"

Ahh, validation.  Makes me feel not quite so alone in knowing that I'm half way to Cuckoo.

2 comments:

  1. In just three short days (Friday 1/28/2011), he can pretend he's in a bar with his father-in-law and see who can drink himself into a stupor first!!! So much to look forward to in this life!!

    ReplyDelete