2.16.2010

Flattery Will Get You Nowhere

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh children. The lovely effect they can have on one's self esteem. Truly. I just finished cleaning the kids' bathroom. First time in a week. Well, oh ok, first time in close to 2 weeks (but not a full two weeks, I swear it!) So I scrub the whole damn thing, top to bottom (excluding the ceiling...but that has that nasty popcorn texture crap and truly, scrubbing it won't help, except to get a jump start on the popcorn removal...and that's a project for a different day) Where was I? Ok, scrubbed bathroom: I used my Shaklee Basic H2 (love it!) for some parts, and Melaleuca's Tub & Tile cleaner (thanks Audrey! love it too!) on the rest. Now the Shaklee is odorless, but the Melaleuca is not...and since I went a little nuts practically saturating the floor and tub with the magic elixir, I cracked the window to air out the bathroom. My kids tend to be a bit sensitive to strong odors. Shortly after I finished my scrub-down my 3rd born child/4-year-old delight, sassy Miss A. made a trip to the loo for a potty break. From the kitchen I hear her holler:

"Pee-YOOOO! It stinks in here Mommy!"

"Oh, yeah, I just got done cleaning it...sorry. I opened the window a bit, that should help."

"No, it smells like YOU!"

Well. Gee. Thanks. Now don't I feel like a million bucks? Pardon me while I go rub myself with a pine tree air freshener to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment