3.03.2010

"Commented" By A Boy

So, last Friday when my kids got home from school, my 9-year-old was blushingly thrilled about something that had happened while they were dancing in music class.  In that rotating-back-and-forth-like-a-washing-machine-agitator way that would send a twirly skirt out like an umbrella being opened, and with a grin from ear to ear she said:
 "A boy commented me today".
 I replied, correcting her as all good mom's (*ahem*) do "A boy complimented you today?"
"Yeah." (still grinning ear to ear)
My husband asked "What did he say?"
"He said he'd never seen anybody dance like that before!"

So perhaps, as my own mom pointed out, my oldest was "commented" rather than "complimented".

Is this the innocence of youth, or evidence of great self confidence?  Either way, I'm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment